Main content of the website

Water and Sewer

The Town of Crossfield receives water from the Mountain View Regional Water Services Commission (MVRWSC), which owns and operates the Anthony Henday Water Treatment Plant, situated on the banks of the Red Deer River northwest of Innisfail.

The MVRWSC, at its discretion, may impose water restrictions on its member communities at any time. The Commission reviews water restrictions with its member communities annually.

There are four Water Restriction levels:

  • Level 1 - Restrict outside watering (lawn, garden, car washing at home, etc.) to even-numbered addresses on even calendar days, and odd-numbered addresses on odd calendar days.
  • Level 2 - Ban all outside watering and limit the sale of bulk water at the discretion of the Town (if applicable). Industrial users are requested to limit their consumption where possible until further notice.
  • Level 3 - Ban all outside watering and discontinue sales of bulk water (if applicable). Water use by industrial users and commercial establishments such as car washes is also banned.
  • Level 4 - Ban all water use except for essential services (e.g. firefighting, medical).

The Town of Crossfield has adopted the Mountain View Regional Water Services Commission level one (1) water restrictions to outside watering (lawn, garden, car washing at home, etc.) to even-numbered addresses on even calendar days and odd-numbered addresses on odd calendar days from May 1 to October 31 of each calendar year as outlined under the Water Restrictions in the Town of Crossfield’s Waterworks Bylaw.

Water Conservation Tips

Water Leak Tips

Spring Run - Off Information 


* Effective March 25, 2024 billing

The water charge allows for 5,000 gallons or 22.7-metres cubed (m3) of water usage for both residential and commercial services. An additional $3.60 (residential and commercial) and $4.00 (industrial) is charged for every cubic meter (or 220 gallons) of water used over the minimum. 

Sewer is added at 75 percent of the water overage for residential and commercial services and 95 percent for industrial services. Overdue statements are charged a seven percent fee per bi-monthly bill.

Utility Type

 Water 22.7 m3 or 5,000 gallons

Sewer - 75% of water used.

Industrial 95% of water used

Water overage charge /m3













Please refer to the Town of Crossfield Fee and Rates Bylaw for more information.

Bulk Water

The Bulk Water Station and RV Dump Station is located at 1206 Laut Ave. between the Public Works Town Shop and the Rodeo Grounds.

Use of the RV Dump Station is free of charge. The dump station is open from May 1 to Oct. 1.

To use the Bulk Water Station you will need to set up an account. Opening an account is easy and can be done by filling out a Bulk Water Customer Application form. This form can be mailed, dropped off in person, faxed or emailed to the Town office. Once your account has been opened, you will be provided with a customer Identification number and will be able to use the Bulk Water Station.

  • Bulk Water Rates
Bulk Water Rate (Pre-payment only)$4.50/m3
Administration set up fee (new accounts)$55.00
Re-Connection fee (for disconnected accounts)$50.00
  • Billing for use of the Bulk Water Station is done on the first of each month.

Please see Bulk Water Instructions for information on how to use the bulk water station.

Please see Bulk Water Account Management Policy for information on account management.

Please see Waterworks Bylaw 2022-07 for more information.

To all commercial, industrial and institutional premise owners:

BSI has been contracted by the Town of Crossfield to manage the back-flow prevention program. A second survey has just been mailed that is important for all commercial, industrial and institutional property owners to complete (as per below.) Please read the information on the survey and respond back to BSI with any questions on the program, and for information on qualified installers and testers in the area.

The Town of Crossfield's Waterworks Bylaw (2022-07) which includes a section in regards to Premise-Isolating Cross-Connections and Inspecting. As per the National Plumbing Code of Canada, all commercial, industrial and institutional premises must have a cross-connection device installed. The type of device varies based on hazards involved at the location; however, even if no hazards are identified a device is still required.

SECTION 13:     Required Cross-Connection Surveys
TESTING and maintenance Cross-Connection Control Devices

13.1     An owner is responsible to ensure that a cross-connection survey of the plumbing system of a premises which is an existing commercial, industrial or institutional premises or a multi-residential building or structure, except buildings of residential occupancies within the scope of the National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 and Division B Part 9 ABC 2014, or the most recent provincial and federal code, is completed (at the Owner's expense) by the approved personnel specified in the Authorized Functions List.

BSI Customer Service Information:

Crossfield's Cross Connection Contact Information: