The Crossfield Fire Department is comprised of 40 firefighters from around the community who respond to an average 550 calls for service each year.
Our firefighters continually participate in training to ensure they can provide the best response possible with the upmost professionalism. The Crossfield Fire Department provides response within the Town of Crossfield as well as coverage to surrounding areas with mutual-aid agreements.
The Crossfield Fire Department is involved in the community through initiatives such as the Christmas Food Hampers and other community events.
Each year the fire department spreads extra cheer to the community with a special visit to each home in town on Christmas Eve. Just make sure to leave a light on.
Interested in joining the team?
Minimum requirements to join the fire department are as follows;
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid class five driver's licence and must be able to obtain a class three licence with an air brake endorsement
- Must submit a current driver's abstract with application
- Must obtain a security clearance (available from RCMP)
- Must be able to perform physical duties as part of a fire fighting and rescue team
- Must be aware there is a six-month probation period.
- Weekly meetings are held on Tuesday nights at the Fire Hall from 7 to 9 p.m.
Fire Bans may be announced throughout the year - please check the Town of Crossfield news and notices for up-to-date information. Alerts are also sent out via the Voyent Alert app, free to download from the App Store or Google Play.
- A Level 1 advisory means camp fires and backyard firepits are allowed and permits can be issued.
- A Level 2 advisory means propane and backyard fires are allowed, however, no new permits will be issued.
- Under a Level 3 ban, all fires are prohibited and no permits will be issued.