Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the Town of Crossfield. All employment opportunities with the Town are posted on this website, and through local media. Please visit us regularly for up-to-date employment opportunities.
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) and Community Development Co-ordinator
Reporting to the community services manager, the Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) and community development co-ordinator is responsible for administration of the Town’s FCSS program, liaising with local groups and organizations to facilitate their growth and development, as well as researching and preparing grant applications for municipal and community group projects.
- Administer FCSS grants that benefit local community groups:
- Accept, review and make recommendations for applications submitted to the Town of Crossfield FCSS program;
- Work with community groups to ensure their projects are eligible for FCSS funding;
- Assist in developing and maintaining the FCSS budget; and
- Report FCSS funding to the Alberta government and Town council.
- Identify and address gaps in social service programming, activities and initiatives for the Town of Crossfield.
- Gain knowledge of and build relationships with the various social service based organizations in and around Crossfield and provide referral services as necessary.
- Liaise with community groups and organizations to serve as a link between the community, Town staff and Town council.
- Provide information, ongoing guidance and expertise to assist community groups and organizations to succeed with their own programs, activities and services to help realize an involved and active community.
- Liaise with external community groups, organizations and/or neighboring municipalities to collaborate, partner and deliver new and valuable programs or opportunities for the residents of Crossfield.
- Promote volunteerism within the community.
(*currently under review)
- Work closely with Town staff, Town council and community groups to assist in developing and submitting grant applications.
- Conduct research on potential funding sources through the various levels of government (provincial and federal), corporations, charitable foundations, etc., and identify who these potential funding opportunities may be applied to (e.g. municipal, community group and service club projects.)
- Build relationships with external agencies to maintain comprehensive knowledge of key areas involved in soliciting grants.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures while continually seeking learning opportunities to enhance knowledge in relevant fields of work (e.g. provincial FCSS, board development, volunteer development, community engagement, grant writing, etc.)
- Attend regular day-time and evening meetings as required in order to meet with Town council, community groups, community members, facility boards and other stakeholders.
- Develop and update key documents and forms.
- Assist the recreation and community events co-ordinator with community activities and events when required.
- Adhere to the Town of Crossfield’s Confidentiality Agreement, maintaining the security of all information gained related to employees, businesses and/or residents of the Town of Crossfield.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety legislation and participate in the Town of Crossfield’s Safety Program at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Post-secondary education in social work, communications, non-profit management or related disciplines would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in municipal and/or non-profit environments would be considered an asset.
- Must be proactive, well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be computer proficient, especially in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Require excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Must demonstrate time management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
This is a full-time five-day/week position with occasional evening and weekend work.
The Town of Crossfield offers an excellent pension plan (LAPP) and benefits package, as well as education and training opportunities.
Closing Date: Fri., Nov. 12 or until a suitable candidate is found
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or drop off at the Town of Crossfield Administrative Office at 1005 Ross St, Crossfield, Alta.
The Town of Crossfield thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining our team, the Town of Crossfield invites applicants to submit a resume and cover letter at any time throughout the year.
Applications submitted to the Town will be kept on file for a period of six months, and will be considered if a position becomes available.