Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.


| Print Link

Development Documents

Important Information

Development Documents

The Town of Crossfield is dedicated to ensuring that growth within the community conforms to the Land Use Bylaw and other planning documents such as the Municipal Development Plan, Downtown and Entrance Area Redevelopment Plan and the Rocky View/Crossfield Intermunicipal Development Plan.

Any development projects will require an application, review and an approval prior to starting any new business, new construction, etc.

Please remember: a development permit is required for any new business, new construction and also for most sheds, accessory buildings, garages, and fences.

A Home Occupation permit will be required for any home-based businesses.

Below are the applications and supporting documents for your information, however, if you have any questions please contact the town office for further assistance.

Development Permit Application

Home Occupation Permit Application

Development Permit FAQ information

Development Permit Checklist

Contact the Planning and Development Department to establish a pre-application meeting.  Town staff will be pleased to help you through the development process.