Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
| Print Link

Building, Electrical, Gas and Plumbing Permits and Fees

building and plans

A Building Permit is required for:

  • Construction of a new home
  • Construction of a new accessory building such as a garage or storage shed
  • Construction of a commercial, industrial or public use building
  • Construction of an addition or renovate existing buildings
  • Undertaking any structural work such as interior partitions
  • Enclosing a porch or carport and/or a roof over a deck
  • Moving or demolishing a building
  • Reconstruction after damage (ie. fire)

A Building Permit is not required when you do non-structural work such as:

  • Painting
  • Landscaping, sidewalks, driveways
  • Fencing (fence height must comply with the Town's Land Use Bylaw 2018-14)

Your building permit, supporting documents and payment are to be submitted to the Town office located at 1005 Ross Street.  Your permit and supporting documents will then be forwarded to Superior Safety Codes for their review.  Electrical, plumbing and gas permits can be issued at the Town office.



Building permit application

Building Permit Checklist 

Building Permit Fee Schedule 2019

New Construction list


Electrical permit application

Electrical Permit Fee Schedule - New Single Family Residential

Electrical Permit Fee Schedule - for other than New Single Family Residential


Gas permit application

Gas Permit Fee Schedule - Residential Installations

Gas Permit Fee Schedule - Commercial/Industrial



Plumbing permit application

Plumbing Permit Fee Schedule

 Annual Electrical permit application


Effective November 1, 2016 the Government of Alberta introduced energy efficiency regulations to be included with building permit applications. This requires the building permit applicant to include a declaration be made that the calculations have been completed in compliance with the new requirements.  For more information, please visit Alberta Municipal Affairs - Energy Codes Information.